SD cards today are the most widely used storage media to store files, data, photos, etc. But with time it got corrupted or malfunctioned. So when this situation arises it ends up deleting all your stored data in it. And there it raises the question of how to recover lost files from SD card among the victims of this scenario.
Well, recovering deleted files from SD card or any other media storage is not an easy. But the situation become even worse when doesn’t have any backup of your SD card files. Therefore, getting into such scenario is a nightmare to anyone.
However we have come up with this blog that covers all the ways in which you can easily recover deleted files from memory card.
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Data From SD Card?
Yes, it is possible. Earlier, there was no such privilege but today you have so many backup options available that help in retrieving back your lost data if deleted. So, the task of recovering back your media files after deletion becomes easy if backup made. But what if there is no backup.
So here in this article you will get to know how to recover deleted files from SD card both with and without backup.
How To Recover Deleted Files From SD Card With Backup?
Now if you already have backed up all your SD card data before deleting it, then you can easily recover the lost data using that backup folder. You just need to follow the below steps to get it back via backup folder:
- Firstly, attach your SD card to your computer via card reader.
- Next, look for your backup folder on your PC and open it.
- After that, find the files that you have lost from your memory card.
- Copy all those files at once and paste them back on your memory card.
Performing above steps will let you have your all deleted files on your SD card back again.
How to Recover Lost data Without Backup?
Even if you don’t have backup of your lost data then also you can restore your deleted data from memory card with the help of cmd command. So let’s see how:
Recover Lost Files from SD Card via CMD
Through CMD you can easily recover lost data from memory card with least effort. This command can let you out of this annoying situation thereby letting you recover files with cmd.
But remember to follow the steps as guided below as single mistake will leave your data to be lost forever. So follow the guided steps as mentioned:
- Firstly, insert you SD card into the system via card reader.
- Then, visit Start menu and write cmd in the search box.
- Now, go for cmd from the appeared result and make a right click on it select Run as administrator option.
- Next look for the command “exe” under the listed programs on the cmd panel.
- Once found, right click on exe and then on the next appeared window enter the command ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter: \*.*’to restore the deleted files on the memory card.
Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Recycle Bin?
Recycle Bin is the place where all the deleted files are stored. So if you have permanently deleted your files and now want them back then you can make use of Recycle bin. But there is only one condition that you haven’t applied Shift + Delete option at the time of files deletion.
If not, then perform the below steps to restore your deleted data:
- Visit the Recycle bin on your system.
- Next, find the files & photos that you want to restore.
- Once selected, click on Restore option.
Losing data from you SD card is very annoying as it takes away your most important and precious photos, files and documents. Hereby, getting back those data is so important. Therefore, here in this blog I tried to mention all the ways that will help you to recover your data from SD card.
I hope, the blog serves you well and your question on how to recover deleted files from SD card got well answered.